The Program Manager will lead a team to coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive Business Continuity and Emergency Management programs within the Strategies and Partnerships Branch. You will be responsible for ensuring the Department is in a state of operational readiness in the event of an emergency in accordance with corporate policies, standards and applicable statute/regulatory requirement.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Public Administration or related discipline with additional emergency management courses or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years directly related experience in emergency management program implementation, including training, exercises and public education and quality assurance functions and minimum one (1) year of direct supervisory experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license free of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices and relevant employment legislation.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emergency management program development, applicable legislation and industry standards, disaster exercise initiatives and current emergency management practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with a range of internal and external stakeholders while focusing on fostering collaborative work relationships.
How to Apply
Please apply online by May 12, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$107,874 to $126,846 annually
This is an Addition to staff
Council Approved: March 25, 2021
Start Date: Immediate