We are actively seeking candidates across a range of experience levels with backgrounds in emergency management planning, hazard-specific expertise, or other functional areas of specialization (e.g., response planning, housing, infrastructure, emergency communications, economic recovery) to support the writing of Emergency Response Plans, Emergency Exercises, and Emergency Management Curriculum.
Experience with response, recovery, or mitigation planning and stakeholder engagement support for emergency management or public health agencies at any level of government would be ideally suited for this contract position.
Candidates possessing recent experience employing or working within the municipal Emergency Management are encouraged to apply.
- Successful completion of college diploma or university degree or a combination of education, and acceptable experience in a relevant field:
- Emergency Social Services Emergency Management Communications
- Excellent written communication skills Superior research and critical thinking skills
- Emergency Management Specialist (or professional designation) would be an asset
- Excellent organization, planning, and project management skills Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Prompt and courteous service with a high focus on quality High attention to detail
Contract position; hours may vary. Some evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill deadlines.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Sherry Hill, Chief Financial Officer. Only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Covid-19 Protocols are in place to protect our clients and staff.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19