Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking 4 full time Assistant Coordinators- Emergency Management. (North, East, West, GTA)
Within the Disaster Management department, and under the direction of the regional operations managers, the Assistant Coordinator- Emergency Management provides support to the Emergency Management Program in the designated Region and the Province as required. Contributes to consistent and efficient program delivery, business continuity, preparedness, and response, throughout the designated Region and Provincial EM team as required by providing support to the field Coordinators, Volunteers, Administrative Processes, and Response Readiness.
Who you are:
- You are adaptive – you can switch to the needs of the program and the team
- You are a self-starter and independent – you can work with minimal guidance within assigned responsibilities in sometimes stressful situations
- You are results-oriented – you pride yourself in getting things done; enjoy working in a team that is highly productive and you take personal initiative
- You have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to use MS office
- You have strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to interact effectively and build on-going relationships with diverse groups of volunteers, staff and stakeholders
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Meaningful Work : you will have the opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations that supports emergencies and saves lives
- Employee Benefits: comprehensive cost shared health and dental plan, and competitive vacation entitlements
- Flexibility: alternative work arrangements
- Support volunteer and staff administration- interviews, hours collection, database (RE), statistics, maintenance of EM plans, vendor inventories/agreements (etc)
- Deliver, coordinate meetings, presentations and materials as required for coordinator, managers and other volunteers as applicable
- Support Virtual PDA when additional response capacity if needed for a short period of time to meet the demands
- Assisting with the team logistical requirements and ensuring readiness during the preparedness phase including scheduling and maintaining a roster of volunteers who are available to respond quickly to local events
- Follow all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working
- Willingness to take part in Duty Officer System training and on-call rotation is an asset
Your Education and Experience:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are a post-secondary education in a related field plus one, but less than three years, of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interpersonal skills and sensitivity to interact effectively and build on-going relationships with diverse groups of volunteers and staff.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, in an occasionally stressful environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge and experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of current emergency management theories and practices
- Ability to travel and work non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) is required
- Valid Ontario Drivers License is required
This position requires a satisfactory criminal check and vulnerable sector check.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace